Our Service for (EU)GHS/ GHS worldwide
GHS stands for "Globally Harmonized System" (of Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Chemicals). This global labelling system is intended to replace all previous regulations on the classification, labelling and packaging of (hazardous) chemicals in the coming years and, in the long term, will be standardised in all countries of the world. Information on the implementation of GHS can be found in the overview of the United Nations.
The CLP Regulation (Regulation (EC) 1272/2008) which entered into force on 20 January 2009, implements the UN GHS in the EU. New GHS hazard pictograms have replaced the familiar hazard symbols. The transition periods have been set as follows: classification, labelling and packaging in the new GHS system is mandatory for substances since 1 December 2010 and for all mixtures since 1 June 2015. Stocks still bearing the old labelling were allowed to be sold until the end of 2012 (substances) or mid-2017 (mixtures).
REACh ChemConsult GmbH supports you in the implementation of the CLP Regulation if you are affected by it. Due to our long-standing expertise in the (eco-)toxicological field for the evaluation of substances and mixtures in connection with REACH and CLP/GHS, we are your contact if you are looking for a consultant who will help you to correctly implement the CLP Regulation in practice. This is particularly important in order to successfully continue the smooth sale of your chemicals and to ensure this for new products (especially for mixtures) in the long term.
REACh ChemConsult GmbH - Our range of services for the implementation of GHS/ CLP regulation
We support you with powerful strategies for effective implementation in practice:
- Consulting and training on GHS and the CLP Regulation
- Classification and labelling of substances and mixtures according to GHS or the CLP Regulation
- Checking the quality of prepared safety data sheets and adapting the classification and labelling to GHS or the CLP Regulation
- New creation of safety data sheets
- Notification of substances to the classification and labelling inventory of ECHA (CLP notification obligation according to art. 40)
- Notification of mixtures to ECHA's Poison Center Notification Portal according to article 45 and Annex VIII of the CLP Regulation
- Support in communication with authorities (ECHA, BAuA, BfR)
Our next GHS/CLP seminar will take place:
- Currently, seminars are only held on request, e.g. in-house at your premises.
Contact us for further information or a non-binding offer.